Monday, June 12, 2017

Tea at the White House's Pop-Up Tea

When I heard that one of my favourite tearooms, Tea at the White House, started hosting pop-up teas at the Jitterbug Cafe on Sundays, I had to make a reservation for afternoon tea!

My high school friends and I were able to meet up earlier this month.

The Jitterbug Cafe was transformed into a cozy tearoom.

The pretty white china made an elegant table setting.

I drank the House Blend, a fruity black tea with "notes of hibiscus, currants, raisins, and a flowery finish."

Afternoon Tea for One
I was famished and ordered the full afternoon tea.

Top Tier: Sweets for Two
I didn't know what those meringue things were but they were delicious!

Middle Tier: Scones with Devon Cream and Jam for Two
My favourite part of the tea: Scones with Devon Cream and Jam!

Bottom Tier: Sandwiches for Two
The sandwiches were: the classic cucumber and cream cheese; egg salad, and salmon mouse.

As we were paying our bills, I heard this. The 24 CTU ringtone was the last thing I expected to hear at a tea room! It turned out that the Tea at the White House Proprietor had downloaded the CTU ringtone for his cell phone.

I enjoyed the elegant ambience, delicious food and tea, and wonderful service and hope to experience Tea at the White House's pop-up tea again!

I'm joining the following parties this week:

16 comments:

  1. Looks so-o-o delicious. A great way to visit with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a treat, Margie! I can't wait for tea treats again. Tell me, are those scones as melt-in-your-mouth as they appear? You have the best tea outings! Thanks for sharing with us and have a super week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful tea at the White House, Margie! I love seeing teatime treats and hearing about the flavored tea. I went to a tea last Friday with two friends, and we were served courses instead of a tiered stand. We had cucumber, and pimento sandwiches, a chicken salad tart, a ham and cheese puff pastry, a fruit cup, and a scone (no jam or Devonshire cream). For the sweets, we had a brownie, and two cookies. We could choose two teas, which were very tasty...a signature white, and a chocolate decadence. We enjoyed it and it wasn't too pricey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take tea at the most interesting places. I love reading about your outings. This looks so pretty and delicious as well. A pop-up tea shop sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! Mini pavlovas (merengues) with fruit on top.
    I had a dessert at a pot luck lunch today called Cloud 9 that had broken merengue with fruit in a Cool Whip base and drizzled throughout with dark chocolate. I have even lived to tell about it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always look for the pretty flower tea ware but seeing how elegant the white looks I think I'm going to add some white to my collection. I wish there were some type of tea room where I live because the tea that you went to looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness -- it all looks so beautiful and yummy! How fun to be able to go to a 'pop up' tea room -- I wonder if that is going to catch on around here -- I'd sure love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how much fun Margie! I love the tea for one -- no need to share, hee,hee! Love the shape of those scones, too, haven't seen ones tall like that. I'm going to a new tea room on Saturday with my daughter. Looking forward to it. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, what a darling little elephant! And the tea looked absolutely scrumptious! Thanks for sharing with us.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delightful Afternoon Tea! The food looks wonderful Margie and the room very pretty and soft! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Margie, how fun! And am I seeing correctly - a four-tier stand? My favorite part of afternoon tea, besides the tea itself, is the sandwich selection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky you! The pop-up tea looks very well organized and delicious! Were you able to put away every last crumb?! I like the white elephant teapot/planter .... didn't you have an elephant teapot too? Have a great weekend Margie,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. The perfect way to spend an afternoon - delicious treats, good friends and an elephant.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great way to start the month, get together with school friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! I think that elephant is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!