Monday, January 22, 2018

Tonia's Birthday Cake Black Tea

This month, I tried Tonia's Birthday Cake black tea by Steeped Tea, a local direct-selling tea company that has expanded across Canada and the US. Steeped Tea's Founder and President, Tonia, is also a January baby.

Tonia's Birthday Cake tea is supposed to taste like black forest cake. The label listed the following ingredients: black tea, sour cherry, cocoa bean bits, cocoa bean peels, almonds, rose blossom leaves, strawberry, safflower, natural flavors.

I stepped the tea for the recommended 3-minute time in my Royal Albert's polka blue tea for one set.

The breakfast cup is about twice the size of a standard teacup so fewer refills are required!

Tonia's Birthday Cake tea smelled wonderful.
My sweet tooth enjoyed the combined chocolate and fruit flavours in this dessert tea.
I also tasted a slight astringency so next time I'll try it with some milk. 

Do you drink dessert teas?


I'm joining the following parties this week:

14 comments:

  1. A belated Happy Birthday to you, Margie! You have the prettiest tea for one set! I love the polka dots! The tea sounds lovely and I do enjoy a dessert tea now and then. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful porcelain,so dainty and romantic!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s an adorable tea set for one. Some dessert teas are too sweet for me. I do like some of the Steeped Teas, especially peppermint. Unfortunately they stopped carrying a lot of the teas I limed, spearmint, winter mint and a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Such a lovely little tea set... perfect for a snowy day...Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these type of dessert teas. I'm going to have to check out their site. That is a beautiful tea for one set and I like that the cup is bigger! That's my one complaint about pretty tea cups -- too small and dainty haha! My tea steeper makes just the right amount for a coffee mug so that's what I use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I bet it did taste divine. I am drinking a cup of flavored coffee at the moment but I see a tea break in the works this afternoon. I love the pretty tea cups. I have several that are small and seem to take quite a few refills for me to get my full. But, I still love them all the same. Happy Day to you dear Margie. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute name for tea and I know how fun these "personality flavored teas" are! That is such a lovely tea for one too! Thanks for sharing Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know me, Margie, and I LOVE dessert teas! I also enjoy milk in my tea most of the time. Your teaset for one is just so cute! I like the oversized cup for breakfast time. The birthday cake tea flavor sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Margie, I'm not fond of flavored teas, except Earl Grey, but I love your tea-for-one set! Such a pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Margie, That is a lovely shade of blue. I have not seen a tea for one in English china. Thanks for sharing. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun tea! Black Forest cake is not my fave, but I do like vanilla, chocolate or caramel teas. Love your teafor one. So cute! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds crazy, but I can almost smell the sweetness from this tea through the screen. I'm not a big dessert eater, but I enjoy certain dessert teas before bedtime. This one looks wonderful, especially served in your lovely tea for one set. What a pretty shade of blue.
    I'll have to check out Steeped Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm also theaholic! But mostly because I have a very ... very large collection of tea boxes from all over the world- I think it will be over 1500!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!