Monday, August 19, 2019

A summer tea social

Last week, we had a summer tea social potluck to celebrate Afternoon Tea Week, and a colleague's new position (in a different department). Even though she'll no longer work with us, she'll still be part of our tea socials!

The tea social had a floral motif so of course, I had to bring the Garden Party Oolong by Whittard Chelsea.

A colleague also brought in rainbow lemonade iced tea by Davids Tea.

Pretty paper napkins always elevate a tea social!

I think this was the healthiest tea social we've ever had!
I got distracted and forgot to photograph: Tortilla chips (for the dips); cheese and crackers; another green salad.

Even the the desserts were fairly healthy!
Bottom right: they look like teabags, but they're actually cookies with white chocolates.

Photo by Dan Gold on Unsplash
What made this tea social extra special: sipping tea while listening to beautiful live violin music by our summer student!

8 comments:

  1. I so love reading about your genteel tea socials, Margie. Having violin music must’ve really soothed the soul. Your napkins, plates and teas are wonderful, and the food looked so yummy. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chá é sempre muito bom.
    Ao som de violino deve ter sido maravilhoso.
    bjs

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a delightful tea party, complete with live music! Love those pretty napkins and the tea bag cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tea social looks simply divine Margie! LOVE those adorable napkins! Was that iced tea good? Everything looks so pretty and yummy. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Violin music made your tea social all the much nicer. Years and years ago I took violin lessons, but never followed through with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful tea party, Margie! The food, the tea, and the violin music made it extra special, I know. I have my father's violin hanging on the wall in our family room. Thanks for sharing another fun social with us. Hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margie, I so love your tea socials at work! If I had attended this one, I would have brought cucumber and tomato tea sandwiches (my little garden is really producing right now!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!