Monday, July 13, 2020

Summer Teas: Blends off the beaten track

When your pandemic stress can only be assuaged by teas from Canadian companies, you order some interesting blends!

Mojito Mint Black Tea (Blair Elements)
I've never had a real mojito. So I can't tell if Blair Elements' Mojito Mint black tea tasted like the cocktail. But I enjoyed this tea version!

Lemongrass Milk Pudding Green Tea (Dessert by Deb)
I almost passed on Dessert by Deb's Lemongrass Milk Pudding green tea because I'm not a lemongrass fan.  I'm glad that I gave it a chance because it tasted delicious, with the coconut and ginger being the dominant flavours.

Sticky Rice Oolong (Davids Tea)
I was intrigued by Davids Tea's Sticky Rice Oolong. It was more savoury than I expected. I'm glad I tried this blend before it was discontinued, but it won't be a staple in my tea cupboard.

Some disappointing news for Davids Tea fans: The Canadian tea business will be closing 82 stores in Canada and all 42 stores in the U.S. Davids Tea sales have declined over the years so I'm not surprised that they're moving their operations online. I've always preferred their stores over online (shipping is $$$) because I can smell and buy teas in smaller quantities.

EDITED TO ADD: Davids Tea official release and FAQ on the restructuring plan

6 comments:

  1. I, too, am sad about David's Tea closing stores here in Canada. And yes, there is nothing like getting a chance to shop in person to see and smell the various tea samples. My eyes light up at your Mojito Mint tea. The real drink infused with rum, mint, lime and lots of ice is a favourite summer drink in this household. Perfect for a hot day.

    Wishing you a pleasant week ahead, Margie.
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teas sound interesting, Margie. Sometimes you fun surprises that you like. Your blue teacup is darling, with the dainty flowers inside the edge of the cup. That’s too bad about David’s Teas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's too bad that David's Tea is closing their stores. I fear this pandemic has forced many entrepreneurs to re-think their retail practices. Your teas sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice choices. Sad about David’s Tea, we were so excited when the store opened at the local mall. I prefer shopping in person for tea too, such aromatic smells. I only shop online when it is free shipping, Murchies usually, and stock up till the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Margie!Enjoy your teas...I am afraid the consequences of this pandemic will be terrible in my country.And in the whole world...Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you have your teas to soothe your spirits during this pandemic, Margie. I wonder what other people do to comfort themselves? I have my books and music for which I am thankful! The sticky rice oolong sounds interesting. I hope our David's Tea isn't in danger of closing. They have always done well here. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!