Monday, August 23, 2021

My first thrift finds in 16 months!

Last month, I stepped foot inside a thrift store for the first time since March 2020.

 


I made a beeline for the housewares and my eagle eyes immediately spotted this adorable red and white polka dot teapot by London Pottery. It was brand new with tags. I love polka dots so I did not hesitate to bring this teapot home with me!
 


A few years ago, my boss gave me a flamingo DavidsTea ceramic tumbler for Christmas. It broke after I accidentally dropped it. So I was delighted to find the exact same tumbler in mint condition!  

  


These decorative metal teacup planters from Giant Tiger, a Canadian discount store, have been on my wish list since I first saw them on a Youtube vlogger's video in April. I was so happy when I found all 3 colours for over 40% off!

I don't need any more teapots, mugs, or teacup planters, but it was nice to go thrifting and shopping for frivolous items again!

9 comments:

  1. Love your polka dot teapot, great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great-looking red polka dot teapot Margie. I would have snapped that up, too. I'm thinking we need to get out and about as much as we can these days, because who knows what's coming in the fall with all the rising cases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute your red polka dot teapot is!I also love those charming planters!Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would've bought that cute polka dot teapot, too, Margie! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! It's fun to go thrifting again, especially when you find things you love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it all Margie. Bet you enjoyed being able to do a thrift store run finally. I love those wire planters! I have a large one that was gifted to me years ago. I have spray painted it several times and used it for all kinds of things. It now sits in my home office filled with faux flowers. I will always treasure it as it was gifted to me from a mentor of many years ago whom is now with the Lord. Enjoy your week dear Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red teapot with the big white dots is so beautiful ... a wonderful find.
    I was in Meissen / Germany. There the Meissen porcelain is made, which has crossed swords on the floor ... I have a cup with a beautiful saucer and drink coffee from it every now and then.
    Many greetings to you in Canada. Viola

    ReplyDelete
  8. For sure, the cutest teapot ever!

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  9. You find some of the coolest tea things!! I adore the decorative metal cups!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!