Monday, November 28, 2022

DIY: My "Drink What I Own" Tea Advent Calendar

Since 2015, I've been creating my own tea Advent calendar using teas from collection.

 

I think it was the tea blogger, Lu Ann from the The Cup of Life, who coined the term "Drink What I Own" Tea Advent Calendar.

 

The giant stocking is decorated with whimsical tea pins. The felt tea pins at the top were handmade by a crafty friend. The green Mad Hatter "It's always tea time" hat pin was a Disney souvenir from a co-worker.

 

 The rest of the pins came were designed by Dessert by Deb.

 

I wrote the names of teas on pieces of paper and stuck them in the pockets.


 

I'll be sipping teas from my favourite Canadian tea companies while I count down to Christmas!


I didn't intend to get a second tea Advent calendar, but I couldn't resist Charbrew's charming Alice in Wonderland Tea Advent Calendar that I found at HomeSense. The calendar contains standard teas (e.g., English Breakfast, chai, chamomile), but I'm a sucker for cute packaging!


November tea empties

What I will repurchase:
1. Genuine Tea's Lavender Sencha Green Tea
 
What I may repurchase from time to time:
1. DavidsTea's Manoomin Maple Black Tea
2. Stash Tea's Maple Apple Cider Herbal Tea

 

Do you have an Advent calendar? 

5 comments:

  1. No, I haven't. But I would love to. I saw a beautiful one made of wood but it costs at about sixty dollars. Too expensive for me. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tea advent calendar, Margie and your new one. I refrained from getting a cute one that I saw at Tuesday Morning because I need to do more sip downs like you. I did buy a cheese advent calendar, though! Happy first week of Advent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can enjoy many kinds of tea.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog.
    Sasanqua is Camellia sasanqua. Tea plant and sasanqua are in the same genus of camellia. I love both flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I never heard of a tea advent calendar! I love stopping by here to visit because I always discover something new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a Tea Advent Calendar, Margie!

    Hugs and blessings ☕

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!