Monday, May 6, 2024

Tea time with Jane Austen

Last fall, I found these adorable bone china teacups with Jane Austen quotes from HomeSense (aka HomeGoods) for only $7.99 CAD each.

 

 
The Emma teacup
 
Emma is my favourite Jane Austen novel. I love the 1996 film adaptation with Gwyneth Paltrow, Toni Collete, and Ewan McGregor.
 

 
"I always deserve the best treatment, because I never put up with any other."

 

 
The Mansfield Park teacup

 

 
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of."
 

I would love to add the other teacups to my collection:
Northanger Abbey
Persuasion
Pride and Prejudice
Sense and Sensibility

 

What is your favourite Jane Austen novel?

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting and beautiful teacups! I only read the last two books, Pride and prejudice, and Sense and sensibility. Both are great. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty Jane Austen teacups and with quotes, and at a great price! 💜 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. I equally love Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility. But maybe Persuasion pulls a tiny bit ahead. Margie, I LOVE your Austen teacups. I do hope you'll be able to find the other ones for your collection. What great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are wonderful teacups! It's hard to choose a favourite. I hope the others in the series turn up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margie, your Jane Austen teacup collection is absolutely delightful! I have a soft spot for Pride and Prejudice, but Sense and Sensibility holds a special place in my heart too. Your teacups with those quotes are just perfect for curling up with a good book and a hot cup of tea.☕

    I had a glimpse of the house where she lived in Bath when we visited, and it was such a magical experience. ☕

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how absolutely lovely to share a cup of tea with the author of the book you're reading. too fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!