Monday, June 29, 2015

O Canada!

Niagara Falls is a must-see attraction in Ontario. I've visited Niagara Falls countless times over the years, and never tire of seeing its magnificent cascades.

The Canadian Horseshoe Falls
The Maid of the Mist boat tour taking tourists for a very close and wet view of the Falls.

The American Falls


Photos courtesy of my friend
The gardens across from the Falls.

Photo courtesy of The Secret Garden Restaurant
In the middle of the gardens, you will find The Secret Garden Restaurant.

During my 2011 visit to The Secret Garden Restaurant, we sat outside at one of the patio tables where we had a fantastic view of the Falls while I enjoyed my scones (not pictured) and cup of tea!

At our June tea social at the office, we celebrated Canada Day. I brought in these cute strawberry cups and saucers by Cath Kidston. These "breakfast cups" were fine bone china and larger than your typical teacup.

My colleagues brought food with a Canadian or red and white theme: red velvet cookies, maple cookies, strawberries, red pepper jelly and cream cheese with crackers. Not pictured: cherries, Lindt chocolate.

The Canadian-inspired teas included: Birthday Cake and Red Velvet Cake (top); Blueberry Icewine, Maple green tea, and Maple Earl Grey (bottom).

 At home, I enjoyed a "Canada" cookie with a mug of Blueberry Icewine black tea.

Happy 148th Birthday, Canada!


I'm joining the following parties this week:

22 comments:

  1. I never tire of visiting Niagara Falls and a walk through the gardens is always a must.
    Your Canada Day June social at work looks like it was a success with the theme and I like your maple leaf cookie you had at home.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun tea party. Happy Canada Day (on Wednesday).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to Niagara Falls, Margie. We had planned to go when our son was at U of T but we never did get there. Pity! You have wonderful socials at your place of work. The variety of tea would be interesting. Happy Canada Day and enjoy the celebration!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! You should stop by and see the tea party I had for my little grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tea cups are charming! You and your work friends know how to celebrate. Niagara Falls is beautiful, especially the Canadian side. Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Canada Day! Rats! Was so busy the last few weeks I missed it! Love your teacups! breakfast cups seem to be the thing at the moment...certainly serve a nice, big cuppa! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea to celebrate Canada Day with your office members. The cups and saucers are so beautiful and the strawberry pattern is so sweet. Your photos of Niagara fall are very similar to some we have taken when we visited the falls on the Canadian side, We just love the restaurant there and the great views. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos and the special tea time!

    Take care, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Canada Day! Cath Kinston makes fun china. Love your teacups. Great way to celebrate with your office mates. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Canada Day...and what lovely gardens there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Canada Day, sweet friend! Thanks for the beautiful post :) Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Canada Day! I've never been to Niagara Falls but hope to one day. I'm a big fan of Cath Kidston-love those big teacups! You always have the best thematic office tea parties.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Such a splendid garden setting by the falls. And the restaurant has a touch of wonderful fantasy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful spot for tea. Happy birthday neighbor

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun posting Margie. The photos are really wonderful. I have seen the falls from the Canada side and remember how lovely it was. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,Margie
    First of all ,I would like to say, Happy Canada Day!
    What a beautiful fall with that blown up mist! Love your tea cups. Behind the blue tea cups, Is that black pot an iron kettle?
    have a good Day, Magie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello,Margie
    First of all ,I would like to say, Happy Canada Day!
    What a beautiful fall with that blown up mist! Love your tea cups. Behind the blue tea cups, Is that black pot an iron kettle?
    have a good Day, Magie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful photos!
    Belated Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a wonderful setting at the Falls !
    HapPy Canada Day ! Celebrate with my Canada Day TeaTIme welcome...

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks like you enjoyed a Happy Canada Day, Margie! I was lucky enough to visit both the American and Canadian sides of Niagara Falls with my parents, years ago.
    What beautiful strawberry teacups you've shared with us and such an array of delightful teas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Margie! Happy very late Canada Day! I don't know how I missed visiting you last week. I haven't been to Niagara Falls yet--your pictures (and your friend's pictures) look lovely. Man, I wish we had monthly teas where I work! The menu sounded like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. One of my best memories in Ontario is in the Niagara Falls, beautiful nature indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!