Monday, October 5, 2015

The Ones that Got Away

Have you seen the funny Winners commercial airing on TV this year?

I can totally relate to the shopper's remorse! Oftentimes, my shopping indecisiveness becomes another buyer's gain who will snatch the tea set while I'm still debating (Do I really need it? Where will I store it?) over the purchase...

Many a teawares have gotten away from me because I put them back on the shelf. A recent example of my failure to follow Karen's Cottage and Castle mantra, "Get it or regret it!" occurred a few weeks ago at a church rummage sale where tea sets were on sale for only $2! I was "thinking" about a couple of Aynsley teacups which quickly got snagged by other shoppers. D'OH!

I did bring home one tea set: a mismatched Royal Albert teacup and snack plate.

The snack plate's Royal Albert design is called "Memory Lane" and is decorated with blue and purple flowers.

The teacup's Royal Albert's "Brigadoon" pattern features thistles--the national flower of Scotland. I thought that the teacup and plate's blue flowers blended beautifully together.

I also tried to exercise some restraint when David's Teas released their fall teas collection last month. Because I have a sweet tooth and love the combo of chocolate and peanut butter, I had to sample the new Peanut Butter Cup herbal tea.

 
Interestingly, it's completely peanut-free. The main ingredients are: almonds, chocolate, and cocoa. The delicious scent of chocolate and peanut better reminded me more of a Butterfinger than Reese's Peanut Butter Cups though...

This nutty dessert tea was definitely a sweet treat!

The Peanut Butter Cup tea is also delicious with milk!

What's the strangest tea that you've ever tried?


I'm joining the following parties this week:

19 comments:

  1. Hi Margie,
    I love peanut butter and chocolate and I love them together but I'm not sure if I would like it in a tea. Then again, I might be pleasantly surprised. Perhaps I'll go into David's Tea and see if they will let me sample it. About the only thing I don't like in a tea is mint. I am allergic to anything with mint in it. Your snack set is lovely! I have always admired the Memory Lane pattern. In fact years ago when I started my mother's china pattern for her I had to decide between Lavender Rose and Memory Lane. I chose the Lavender which is mine now. I like your teapot with 'tea' written on it. Cute mug too. Thanks for sharing and have a lovely week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes think too much, too, Margie! However, You did find a pretty mismatched set, which is just darling. I know I would love the David's teas, and yet have never tried any. Your teapot is really perfect for any time, and the built in strainer is so handy. I need one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do love your blue tea cup and plate even if mismatched! Blue and white is so calming and comforting and the plate design is quite unique. I think you got a good buy! Have a great week, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tea cup. I am glad you decided to buy it....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Brigadoon tea cup is just lovely and is a wonderful mismatch to the Memory Lane pattern. I love those blue flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never saw those commercials; funny! I usually have the other problem; buying something on impulse and then regretting it. However, that has never happened with china -- I never regret buying that! Your tea set is very pretty, sometimes the mismatched sets are the most interesting.
    And I am very boring when it comes to tea. I really don't like flavored tea, just a nice assam or darjeeling. I'll bet your tea smells wonderful though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Margie, pretty snack set, I don't believe I have ever seen one that isn't just clear glass.
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and letting me know you did so.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Margie, pretty snack set, I don't believe I have ever seen one that isn't just clear glass.
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and letting me know you did so.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I over think purchases too. It's silly when the items are only a couple of dollars. The regret is worse then. I'm glad you were able to get some tea items though. I really like the snack plate with the built in teacup circle. So fun to collect these plates and use them for tea in the garden. I'm not a big fan of chocolate, but the David's Tea you showed grabbed my interest. I'm sure it's a great night time tea. Fun to serve around the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love the Royal Albert patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your snack set is just beautiful Margie. I have never had a peanut butter flavored tea but I am sure it would be delicious. Collecting is such great fun. I love your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I get that way in a store when there's only one teacup I may want - hold on to it until I decide is the best bet! Now you can mix and match teacups on your new snack set if you want.
    David's does come out with some interesting flavoured teas don't they?
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds yummy. Your mismatched set is a marriage made in teacup heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How gorgeous, the mismatched tea dishes are lovely, each piece.
    I love mismatched dishes they are the best, my fav.
    Have a lovely week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  15. We don't have a David's tea around here, have to drive a fair ways to one. Your snack set looks like it belongs together. I have a mismatched cup and saucer that are so close in pattern it is hard to tell they don't belong.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely tea set! they certainly match!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I can relate to leaving something on the shelf too! Most recently a clear glass teapot ;) Your mismatched set was made for each other, and that tea sounds like a good alternative to the peanut butter cups (yummy!!).
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL I loved those commercials - I never ever watch television except Ohio State Football games (and go do something during commercials) or when the new seasons of Downton Abbey came on.....so I truly am a newbie to all those fun ones. I laughed out loud - oh yes I soooooooo have put things back. And it is so funny because one doesn't forget those special ones that got away.

    I have been trying sooooo hard to just stay away totally until I get my world in organization. It may never happen, but my discipline has helped a good deal this past busy summer, and now busy autumn!

    Yum to your teas, yum yum to peanut butter nuttiness, yes? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Margie: Sorry about that blooper! Probably won't be my last.
    Bernideen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!