Monday, June 10, 2019

A 10-cup teapot

At long last, I have found an item that's been on my wish list for YEARS: a teapot that can serve 10 cups of tea!

My heart almost stopped when I spotted this giant teapot at a church sale. It was in terrific condition!

Exhibit A of my lousy bargaining skills.
Me: How much is that teapot?
Church lady: Five dollars...what do you want to pay for it?
Me: [hands over a $5 bill].

Left: The 10-cup teapot by London Pottery (Designed in England, but made in China).
Right: The 6-cup Brown Betty teapot by Price & Kensington (Made in England?).

The tea cozies sold at stores are usually for small or medium teapots. So I was thrilled when I found handmade 10-15 cup tea cozies at a local artisan boutique.

I love how the pattern features the different types of teas. It matches my coasters.

This tea cozy is sooooooo pretty!

 A closer view of the yellow teawares and purple flowers

I can't wait to use my 10-cup teapot and tea cozy at our next office tea social!

11 comments:

  1. What finds, first the big teapot and then the cozy. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find on the teapot! I love both of your pretty tea cozies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find on the teapot, Margie! It will really be a great piece for your tea socials. The tea cozy is another treasure; good for you! Both are wonderful. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this, even that you paid the full $5 since it sounds like it was a church fundraiser ;)
    Blessings,
    Heather Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. The teapot will be wonderful for your next tea social, Margie!!! I love the tea cozy, too, with the pretty design. I think $5 was a great price to pay for that large teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Margie! You really got a good deal for $5 girl. I would have jumped on that too. Oh had my MIL been with you...which she is in heaven now...she would have said, "how about I give you $3 for it so you can get rid of it? And...they would have let her have it for $3. LOL! Looks like several of us blogging thrifty buddies aced good deals lately. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margie, I'm no good at bargaining either. I'd have just handed over my $5--a bargain! My 10-cup teapot is very old and well-used here for many years. I love it. But I have one that dwarfs it--it holds enough for 20 cups of tea! It doesn't get much use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one lucky girl. First the big teapot and then the cozies to fit. You were in the right place at the right time. Love when that happens.

    Happy tea drinking, Margie!
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Margie :)
    Lucky you to find such a beauty!! I have a huge Brown Betty, but not sure how many cups she holds. Never enough sometimes! Love the PURPLE (so you) cozy. Hope you are well xoxo Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Great finds! I love my Brown Betty, but a 10-cup would be great for serving guests or a big family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!