Monday, September 23, 2019

Kicking off pumpkin spice tea season

Happy First Day of Fall!

PSA to my Canadian friends: The holiday teas by Stash and Celestial Seasonings are now available on Bulk Barn.

Bulk Barn also sells loose leaf teas. But the way they store their tea leaves is less than ideal: clear plastic and the container is not air tight (because of the scoops).

I couldn't resist trying their pumpkin spice black tea which included real pumpkin seeds. A sample of 45 g cost less than $2! So I figured that if I didn't like the tea, I can just toss or give it away without worrying about wasting money.

I served the pumpkin spice black tea at last week's pop-up tea at the office. My colleagues and I thought the tea had a pleasant spicy taste, although the pumpkin flavour wasn't very obvious.

I've also been enjoyed Baskin-Robbins' pumpkin pie ice cream.

What's your favourite pumpkin tea or dessert?

8 comments:

  1. I like Twinings pumpkin chai tea, Margie, and The Republic of Tea’s Pumpkin Spice. I’m always up for making any pumpkin dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin spice anything for me! l love pumpkin pie best. It's probably my favourite pie of all time. Funny how we change when we grow up! When I was a little girl, it was blueberry. I believe I have some pumpkin chai tea in the cupboard. Your ice cream looks good too. Happy Autumn, Margie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margie
    The pumpkin flavoured tea and ice cream sound perfect for the season. I’m not one to try many flavours. I always choose Red Rose Orange Pekoe. I’m not very adventurous. Have a wonderful week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin has never been much of a favourite flavour for me. I do make a pumpkin cranberry cake that I enjoy, but still prefer traditional teas throughout the year. The ice cream does look good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried pumpkin spice tea, but I sure do like pumpkin pie. I'll have to look for a tea around here. Happy Fall everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumpkin is not a flavour/food that I eat, so that leaves all the more for you to enjoy,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh i love pumpkin pie and I’m about ready to make one too . I also love pumpkin roll. But right now Margie, I’m hungry and will eat about anything ! 😂 Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Mom usually makes a dessert with pumpkin,coconut and cinnamon that is great!Hugs,Margie. Happy Fall!Here is Spring now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!