Monday, September 2, 2019

September Sipdown

How can it be September already?!?

Every Labour Day weekend, we go to "Canada's Largest Ribfest". This year, I was delighted to find The Fresh Tea Shop as one of the vendors. I tried out the cactus fig green tea which was a nice, light tea (and also tasted good iced!).


A friend shared this hilarious 1-minute "When you like tea too much" video with me. It's funny because it's true for this teaholic! 

How many kitchen cabinets do your teas take up? This is a safe space! I've reduced my number to 1.5 cabinets...

I've been trying to drink the teas in my stash before purchasing any new ones. Some Instagram tea lovers call finishing up a tea a "sipdown" and they even do monthly challenges! I don't usually record my sipdowns, but I'll try to track my sipdowns for the last 4 months of the year.

Sept 1 sipdown: the Lemon Coconut Pie black tea.

Have you ever participated in a sipdown challenge?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Margie! No, I've never participated in a Sipdown challenge. Your lemon coconut pie tea sounds delish! I'll be anxious how you fare during the next four months. The video was funny! I'm glad that you found the Fresh Tea Shop at the ribfest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well first time I've ever hear of a sipdown challenge. Girl, I thought about over the weekend as I was cleaning out my pantry and came across a stash of tea I forgot I had. It was all fallish type teas, Cinnamon, Pumpkin spice and etc. I thought, now if Margie was here today we would have a cup of this tea, despite the fact that my AC was running high!!! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always trying to use up my tea stash, but seem to always go back to my all time favourite of peppermint, and of course I run out, so have to buy some more of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of a sipdown but what a great idea. I have used up most of the tea from the tea exchange several years ago now and I'm trying to keep my tea stash under strict control. It's not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Margie...the video you shared made me chuckle! I am so inspired by your love for tea...I wish I drank it more often...but I am a coffee addict...
    The tea in your cup looks and sounds delicious!
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about not buying more tea until some of the stash is used up around here. It's not that big of corner in the cupboard, with extra boxes or bags in the pantry cupboard downstairs. We have coffee in the mornings and tea in the afternoon, so it takes a while to sip down all the stash.

    Wishing you a beautiful weekend...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margie, loved the video because I definitely like tea too much! But I don't like stale tea, so I have learned to limit my teas to the amount I can consume in a few months. And I rotate them so that no tins get "lost in space" and go stale.

    PS I'm doing a fabulous tea giveaway this week, and it's open to Canada as well as US!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!