Monday, January 27, 2020

A Mad Tea Open House

This month, I celebrated a milestone birthday with a Mad Tea Open House! Annnd for the second year in a row, we had a "significant snowfall" (10-15 cm or 4-6 inches) on the day of my party. I hemmed and hawed over where to cancel, but ultimately decided to proceed with the Open House since the majority of guests were local.

It's always tea time!

Alice in Wonderland napkins and plates

The guests selected their bone china teacups.

Three types of teas were served (left to right):
1) OTeas' Berry Bouquet herbal tea - a caffeine-free option
2) Clearview Tea's Winter Spice green tea  - this was the favourite
3) TWG's 1837 Black Tea
(coffee was also available for the non-tea drinkers)

Light refreshments

Sweet treats

My talented work friend baked me this awesome tea-themed lemon cake!

I was incredibly touched that my friends braved the inclement weather to celebrate my birthday. They made my 20+20 birthday special and reminded me how blessed I am to have such amazing friends!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Now, that's what I call a Birthday party! Your teas and goodies are splendid and I'm sure a good time was had by all. So glad your guests all braved the snow and joined you for your big birthday celebration! You are indeed blessed and I'm sure your family and friends are as well, just by knowing you. Hope it's a fantastic year, Margie! Hugs...Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to celebrate your milestone birthday, Margie!! That was so thoughtful of your friends to brave the snowfall and share your joy with you. The theme for your party was such a fun one, and your cake made by your awesome work friend was perfection!! God bless you this year and always. ❤️ 🍵❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to change the date of my Tea party because of snow, but they came the next Friday, and it was just fine, never know about winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvelous birthday tea. I love the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of such a fun party.Everything looks so good your friend from work is so talented, the cake is so pretty.Happy belated birthday.In November I celebrated the 29th anniversary of my 29th birthday. So start planning now you have so many big ones coming. Happy your friends made regardless of the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! I'm glad you could celebrate with a tea party. Everything looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to you! WOW...what a great party. OOH...that cake....It is perfect for the tea party birthday celebration. LOVING those beautiful tea cups. That's one party I would have loved to have been at. Hugs and blessings to you Margie. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!What a great party!How precious and treasured time!Love those gorgeous teacups and the charming cake!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a very wonderful celebration! I adore your cake! Hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Milestone Birthday! Your party looks amazing. And what a splendid birthday cake by your friend. So perfect for the tea lady Margie.

    Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your special day.
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!