Monday, June 1, 2020

Hello, June

I don't know what to say about the recent horrific events so I'm sharing Masai Ujiri's opinion piece on racism. It's also worth checking out these links on ways you can take action and be a better ally:
This was one of my quarantine reads. It was eye-opening and disturbing to learn about tea's early dark history. For example: labourers could be bought and sold like slaves at the British tea plantations in India, Ceylon (Sri Lanka), and Africa.

May sipdowns
To end this post on a lighter note: the teas that I finished in May!
Oldest tea: The Naked Leaf's Pineapple green tea (May 2018)
Newest tea: Laura Secord's Earl Grey black tea (May 2020)

NOTE: Due to the increase in spam comments, Comment Moderation has been enabled. 

7 comments:

  1. How did you like the Laura Secord Earl Grey? I have several packages in my stash from a gift basket I received. I find Earl Grey to be kind of iffy from one brand to another. I want to like it..but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad to see the unrest and violence to the south of us, but we have our own issues here. Tea, sugar, coffee - many of the foods we consider staples were produced by slaves. So very tragic. We have to work together for the benefit of all peoples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Margie.I hope you are well...We need lots of tea to carry on in these strange days,no doubt...Have a lovely week ahead.Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margie, thanks for the review of the Laura Secord Earl Grey. I'm with you on the chocolate! My aunt worked with Mr.O'Connor in Peterborough a long long time ago so we have a long history of consuming their sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The piece that you shared from Masai Ujiri was very thoughtful and powerful. Thank you for sharing it, Margie. There’s so much to pray for...the pandemic, the racism, the violence, and yet we must be thankful for our blessings at the same time.
    I’m sorry to hear about the dark days of the history of tea. Here I enjoy it, but didn’t know about the slavery involved.
    Take care, Margie. I hope you can enjoy your summertime. Are you still working from home?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book about tea looks like an interesting read. Dreadful things happening in the USA, absolutely awful.
    Don’t you hate thise spammers, at least on my site they get filtered out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, I feel like all I do is pray and then I pray more! Lord help us all is all I can say at times. I keep thinking about peace and every time I am reminded that true peace only can come from Christ. Not as the world gives peace but Christ. I hope you have a great summer Margie. I spent the day at the beach yesterday with some of my girls and kiddos and now that...was peaceful. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!