Monday, June 6, 2022

A Platinum Jubilee Tea Party

Last weekend, I celebrated the Platinum Jubilee of the Queen with an outdoor tea party hosted by a family friend.


The beautiful table spread.


I tried all 3 sandwiches (egg salad, cucumber and cream cheese, and salmon), and couldn't resist trying the purple topped donut!

Of course, you can't have tea without scones and Devonshire cream!


Pouring spicy mango green tea into this beautiful purple Royal Albert Jacobean teacup.


Our friend also baked traditional rock cakes--a tasty British classic treat for tea time!

7 comments:

  1. Fun a wonderful party to attend. Girl, I would have tried it all too! YUMMY! I am so glad you got to do this. How fun. I want to have a little tea party for some friends but not sure when. Seems we all so busy these days. But...we need to make the time for sure. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun and lovely party to attend!

    We used to make rock cakes in our Domestic Science class in secondary school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun party! It was a great way to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee. The food looks so delicious! I do love tea party food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutely perfect! I remember when Kate and William got married my friend hosted a tea party . . . I think it was at like 6 a.m. so we could watch the wedding and enjoy the party haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous teacup!!! Delightful Tea time! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely tea party! Beautiful tea cup to enjoy on this day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely way to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee! It all sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!