Monday, September 21, 2015

Baby Love

Back in August, I hosted a baby shower for a close friend who's due to have her first baby at the end of this month. The mom-to-be is a bibliophile so the baby shower had a book theme!

It was fun acquiring children's classic and contemporary books for the baby's starter library. It's never too early to instill a love reading!

The stairs and coffee table's book decor.

The gender of the baby will be a surprise to all!

The Appetizers
Top: The Stinky Cheese Man and crackers
 Bottom: The Rainbow Fish crackers (Thank you to Michele from The Nest at Finch Rest for inspiring the use of the clear teapot!)

The Luncheon
Top: Tony's Bread (middle); A is for Salad (right)
 Special shout-out to my mom who cooked the delicious dishes:  
Strega Nona's Vermicelli Noodles (bottom left); Pigs' Pork in Pineapple Sauce (bottom middle); Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Chicken's with Mushrooms (bottom right)

The Sweets
Left: If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Platter
 Right: Each Peach Pear Plum's Peaches in Light Syrup (top); The Hungry Caterpillar Fruit Tray (middle); Franklin the Turtle Chocolates (bottom)

The Curious George Belgian Chocolate Chip Banana Cake by La Rocca Cakes.

 Of course, I had to infuse some tea elements into the baby shower!

 
The mom-to-be gifted me this cute elephant teapot years ago.

"Peter was not very well during the evening. His mother put him to bed, and made some chamomile tea: 'One table-spoonful to be taken at bedtime'."
 
 The sign on the bathroom door.

The shower favours.

I look forward to sharing my favourite children's books (The Velveteen Rabbit and The Paper Bag Princess are my all-time faves!) with my friend's little one!


I'm joining the following parties this week:

22 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Dearest Margaret...I am just SO impressed with your creativity and stunning ideas! :-) This must have been such a fun baby shower to attend...I am sure your friend was delighted with it! I am amazed at all the effort you put into making a book-themed baby shower...it is really gorgeous! Aww! I love the book inspired munchies...I have to show my mom your lovely post...wow!
    Sending much dear love to you! Have a great Monday further!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole event is really impressive and creative. I love all your ideas and theme. It seems like you should get a prize for all this creativity. I am so glad you shared! I am sure the lady loved it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful shower for your friend, Margie! I loved seeing the theme, the decor, the fabulous food, the tea, and the favors. I'm sure your friend was thrilled with all your creativity and your Mom's cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A book theme; what a splendid idea for a baby shower! I too love the Velveteen Rabbit. Wonderful food and tea ware, Margie! You must have had a blast putting this altogether for your friend. Very creative and fun. Thanks for sharing and have a lovely first week of Autumn.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend must be in baby love with all the fabulous children's books. The books theme is fabulous and so personal. The party treats are so delicious to view and I'm certain everyone loved the food! Your bunny teapot is so cute and perfect with Peter Rabbit. Have a great week! Please, take a peek of my post Orange Bursts Upon August!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great shower! I love everything about it. You did such a lovely job and I'm sure the mom-to-be loved it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea for a baby shower, and I love how you incorporated book titles into the menu! And even the bathroom door! So creative, and must have been so fun for your mom-to-be friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great unique theme for the baby shower Margie and you carried it through well. The food looks scrumptious!
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a wonderful baby shower. Everything looks so good. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a writer and a book lover myself, the theme was wonderful, and so unique! I've never seen it before. Sounds like you were the perfect hostess, with delicious looking goodies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super impressive! My former school always had a book theme shower for expectant teachers, but it was never carried out to this degree. You coordinated the food so well with the books. It must have been so much fun for your guests to discover all the great books and dishes throughout your house. You are an incredible hostess and really took the time to research all of the books. The soon to be mother I'm sure was equally pleased. This certainly tops all of the baby showers I've attended.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a darling theme for a baby shower. You must have had a lot of fun planning this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky mom-to-be to have such a special baby shower. The food looks delicious and was attractively presented. I am sure the guests enjoyed it also. Thanks for sharing. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks so lovely, sweet and heartwarming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Margie,
    What a fabulous and original idea. Is your friend a teacher? Books are the best giftfor a mother-to-be and baby. I'm sure the little dumplings will love listening to you to read your favourite childhood stories. You are such a special friend too! Love the bathroom sign! Lol. Happy Tea Day! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Margie,
    What a fabulous and original idea. Is your friend a teacher? Books are the best giftfor a mother-to-be and baby. I'm sure the little dumplings will love listening to you to read your favourite childhood stories. You are such a special friend too! Love the bathroom sign! Lol. Happy Tea Day! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely Baby Shower you put on!! Anyone would surely have wanted to be a guest at it!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, if this isn't just the sweetest little baby shower! What cute and creative decorations, my friend. You did a fabulous job.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Margie! You put so much effort into putting this very cool party together! I love how all the food is book themed. The curious George cake would be delish with a cup of Peter Rabbit tea. Thanks for stopping by my blog--it will probably be awhile until I post the pictures from my vacation (I might have gone a bit overboard with the photos) but there are lots of food pics! I had to continue my "food around Europe" series. This time, it is lots of pictures of gelato...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh, I LOVE this!! You must have had some fun thinking up the book to match the food ... great idea :) As I'm reading all the titles, I realized I have so many of these same books for my own kids. This was a wonderful gift to your friend.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!