Since my post are scheduled on Mondays, I never participated in the (now defunct) Five on Friday linky parties. Brenda and Lorrie's recent posts inspired me to use this format to summarize the February happenings around here.
1. I finally went to Terra's Winter Market. I was too busy gawking at the plethora of baked goods, produce, specialty food items, and crafts to photograph the booths. But I did snap a photo of this pretty display of orchids.
2. I enjoyed a belated birthday luncheon at a Korean restaurant (YUM!). My friends gifted me this beautiful card and fun teapot puzzles. I will be sharing the third part of their gift on this blog soon...
3. I finally visited Mizener's Antiques and More Market which had 5 (!) different buildings filled with antiques, kitsch, etc. I didn't take any photos but you can see examples of what the vendors are selling here. My mom was my shopping buddy and bought this adorable Bavarian tea set for me as a Valentine's Day gift.
4. Another win for February: this charming Nice Cuppa Calendar photo calendar was my prize from Sylvia's SMD Paper Arts Blog Giveaway. Visit Sylvia's blog to check out her other photo calendars. Thank you, Sylvia!
5. I'm not much of a gardener so I don't know why I made an impulsive visit to the local garden centre. But I'm glad that I did because I found these super cute teacup planters. I took advantage of the store's 20% off promotion and purchased a purple planter (the lighting makes it look blue in the photo). Any suggestions on what to plant?
February, I hardly knew you!
I'm joining the following parties this week: