Monday, November 2, 2020

Teas in my collection that I will never drink

I cannot tell a lie: I've already started buying holiday teas! 

These holiday teas will be featured in upcoming posts.


Since I didn't stick to my tea buying freeze in October, it's a good thing that I sipped down a lot of teas that month!

Oldest (2018): Spiced Chai Tea by Crabtree & Evelyn

Newest (Oct 2020): Pumpkin Spice Rooibos by Clearview Tea Co.

 

There are some teas in my collection that I'll never open...

I will never drink these Twinings Teas because they were signed by Stephen Twining! He was in town in 2016 to promote the launch of the Twinings Large Tea Leaf Discovery Collection!

Stephen Twining is a 10th generation Twining who has worked in the family business for over 30 years!

 

 
A few years ago, my aunt gave me the Ahmad Tea Britannic Collection which commemorated the birth of Prince George in 2013. The "Best Before" date is 2015 so the teas are wayyyyyy past their prime. The British-themed tins are super cute though!

Do you have "collectible teas" in your stash?

8 comments:

  1. Great treasures,dear Margie!Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw the Twining tins that you wouldn't drink, I thought WHY? WHY?, until I read about the signature. I love the tins - great for storing little things in them, and for flowers (with a small jar to hold the water). Nothing as collectible as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holiday teas are always fun because they are out of the ordinary. Flavours one cannot get at any other time of the year. I was always drawn to the spicy teas for some reasons but the mints and anything similar I stay away from because I have an allergy to mint products. I am getting my Christmas decorations out a little at a time. It is time for some fun! Have a great week, Margie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that I'd be able to use those tins of tea either, Margie! They are diffidently collectible. Happy November tea sipping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a set of Beatrix Potter tea tins that I bought at Marshall's years ago. Not the best quality of tea I'm sure, but the tins sure are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have any teas in my collection that I don't drink. But my children also have teas they've bought and I don't enjoy the liquorice spice ones. Those tins are very pretty! I have a little silver tin that I mix my own blend in and use it from there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special collection and a treasure! Happy tea sipping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh girl, I know I couldn't drink those signed teas either! WOW! That is awesome! I do not have any that I can't drink. But I do have a pretty tea canister that I just can't part with cause it's pretty! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!