Monday, October 30, 2023

Teas for 1989 (Taylor's Version)

Last weekend, I celebrated the release of Taylor Swift's juggernaut pop album, 1989 (Taylor's Version). Of course, I stayed up past midnight for the music drop on the streaming platforms (gotta contribute to the Spotify streams!). 

On Friday morning, I listened to the album again while drinking 1989 TV-inspired teas.


My teawares in their crystal skies blue era.

 

Victorian Garden black tea by Murchie's Tea Co.

Screaming, crying, perfect storms
I can make all the tables turn
Rose garden filled with thorns

(Blank Space TV)

 

Peach Cherry Blossom Candy green tea by Dessert by Deb

Cherry lips, crystal skies
I could show you incredible things

(Blank Space TV)

 

Toast & Jam black tea by Yorkshire Tea

Morning, his place
Burnt toast, Sunday

(You Are In Love TV)

Mug inspo: Didn't you calm my fears with a Cheshire cat smile? (Wonderland TV)

 

 
 
Salted Caramel Oolong by DavidsTea

Did you have to hit me where I'm weak? Baby, I couldn't breathe
And rub it in so deep, salt in the wound like you're laughing right at me

(Bad Blood TV)

Mug inspo:
Baby, like we stood a chance
Two paper airplanes flying, flying, flying

(Out of the Woods TV)

 

 As You Wish black tea by Geek+Tea

I wish you would, I wish you would
(I Wish You Would TV)

Mug inspo: Stand there like a ghost shaking from the rain (How You Get the Girl TV)

 

 And for once you let go of your fears and your ghosts

5 comments:

  1. Hi Margie. Thank you for your visit. Love that wonderland cheshire cat mug, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estimo que tenha passado um ótimo Halloween, Margie!
    Esse tabuleiro está fabuloso para assinalar a ocasião! Adoro as suas canecas temáticas! Pois realmente elas não ficam fechadas como peças de coleção, mas estão presentes em todos os momentos do ano, dando mais sabor e prazer aos momentos que apetecem ser saboreados, com um bom chá e uns biscoitos!
    Taylor Swift, está a fazer o maior sucesso com a tour... tenho que relembrar alguns temas, deste álbum também...
    Beijinhos! Bom fim de semana!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margie,
    Not being a Swiftie I don't recognize any of the songs, but I've certainly heard how crazy popular Taylor Swift is. Her concerts sell out so quickly! Fun to pair teas with lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Felizmente há uma série de novos vídeos com as músicas deste trabalho da Taylor Swift... e os da Taylor's Version são os meus favoritos! Aos poucos tenho vindo a descobrir temas espetaculares, pois não os conhecia, ou já não me lembrava de alguns!
    Beijinhos
    Ana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!