Monday, August 29, 2016

All You Need is Love

At the beginning of August, some friends and I visited B. Love Conscious Eatery, a restaurant that specializes in "nourishing raw/vegan foods."

I heart the charming decor!

The tea cabinet
 (I may have to borrow this idea...)

I eschewed the traditional tea offerings and opted to try Rise's Hibiscus and Rose Hips Kombucha which tasted like sparkling, sweetened fruity tea. 

Kombucha is a fermented tea drink (click here to learn more about the fermentation process) touted for its health benefits (e.g., a 2014 review paper suggests that kombucha can help protect against metabolic and infective disorders). 

The "Rawsagna" that I wanted to try wasn't available so I ordered the Mac 'N Cheeze. This cooked dish tasted delicious! You'd never know that it was gluten-free and dairy-free!

For dessert, I had a chocolate fudge TeaPop--a yummy organic frozen treat by DeeBee. I forgot to take a photo, but luckily, I found some other TeaPop tropical flavours at my local Goodness Me store to keep me cool during the sweltering heat!

The Toasted Coconut TeaPop

The Tropical Mango Teapot

If you want to make your own Sweet Tea Popsicles, click here for a recipe.


I'm joining the following parties this week:

19 comments:

  1. The blog title tells it all .

    http://shilpachandrasekheran.blogspot.in/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a neat tea cabinet, I had to borrow an idea for a tea time tree that I saw at a little cafe we visiting a week or so ago. Those teapops look refreshing, I'll check out the recipe for the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the tea cabinet too..mine teas take up a whole corner of the kitchen cabinet! We have been drinking kombucha daily for about 3 years, and I think it has really helped how I feel. Our local Synergy Kombucha Guava Goddess is my favorite. Looks like my kind of place! Now you have to go back for the Rawsangna! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was drinking Kombucha tea while my family was home. My DIL got it at David's Tea and was it ever good! I will be going in to get some myself. The tea cabinet is really handy. I have tea everywhere in my kitchen and I would like to have it all in one place. A tea cabinet would be a wonderful idea if I had the room. Those tea pops look good too. Thanks for sharing, Margie.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was quite the experience and why not try a healthy alternative? I see Sandi says David's Tea has Kombucha so maybe I'll get some too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! That mango tea pop looks delicious!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, isn't that tea cabinet a great idea? The Kombucha tea sounds tasty and has so many benefits. I'm so glad you had such a nice meal at the eatery, Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely place and tea sounds tasty and warming up

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious Margie. You do know how to find interesting places to visit. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks delicious Margie. You do know how to find interesting places to visit. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go on some wonderful "field trips" Margie! I love it when I find healthy food that actually tastes good. I've made kombucha before when my kids were at home. They were kind of grossed out by the starter "mushroom" that floats around in it while it is fermenting.
    But it is a good drink and good for you.
    And I think we'd all love a tea cabinet like that! xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lovely tea cabinet ... I agree that you should use that idea (I'm sure you have enough tea memorabilia to fill it too!). My tea area is a wooden tray on top of the bread box :[
    Glad you have a way to beat the heat with tea pops!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the tea cabinet!! What a stunning piece!! Thanks for dropping by!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Mac 'N' Cheese looks so good! Such a lovely place ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Margie, I'd like to borrow that tea cabinet idea too! Not sure where I'd put it though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The tea cabinet is super cute... although, I'd fill mine with chocolate lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - vegan foods - very healthy! Looks like great fun! Thanks for sharing and linking.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely gea cabinet indeed... Tea pops didnt know they had them.. Kumbucca my mom used to make her own.. Though I never drank it her and her girlfriend did... Happy weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  19. My, what a quaint and welcoming place. LOVE the tea cabinet and the mac & cheese looks delicious!

    Have a delightful Sunday, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!