Monday, July 23, 2018

I like big cups and I cannot lie!

I've always liked jumbo teacup planters and always keep an eye out for them at summer clearance sales.

I was thrilled to find this oversized teacup planter with a black chalkboard at Giant Tiger. There were 3 colours available (red, green and turquoise) and I got the last turquoise one!

The sign on the shelf said it was on sale for $12 (regular price: $20), but when the cashier scanned the barcode, it rang up as only $8!

I also purchased this teacup planter with a pretty floral design.

The scanned price was also only $8!

 
These teacup planters were purchased from Michaels years ago. This photo was taken in 2017. One year later and only the plant on the far right is still alive.

This polkadot purple teacup planter was from a garage sale.This photo was taken in 2016 and the African violets are still going strong despite my less than green thumb!

I was too lazy to take a new photo of the brown teacup planter so I'm reusing this fall photo.

So that's my teacup planter collection!


I'm joining the following parties this week:

12 comments:

  1. Your collection is inspiring,how beautiful!!!Great pictures!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect collection for a tea aficionado such as yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, how right that you should have teacup planters. I bought my parents a gift set of different teas and they were presented in a large rattan teacup that could be used as a planter xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new teacup planters, Margie! They are perfect for you. Your African violet does look great. I can see adding special messages on the the teacup with the chalk label.
    My youngest son was in Quebec last week. Is that near you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these!! Especially when grouped like the ones you got at Michaels . . . so bright and cheery!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the title of the post, and I love the teacup planters as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely collection of large teacup planters. Imagine a cup of tea that size 😄

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are big and look darling! Do glad you shared them Margie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Margie
    I also love large teacup planters. I only have one and treasure it. I looked at Art Knapps which is an expensive floral shop in bc but I couldn’t afford theirs. I’m hoping my kids will open a Sadler Museum one day. Thanks for the great idea! Take care, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Margie, love your teacup planter collection. THE perfect planter for you! I don't do well with houseplants, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enyoyed my visit to your blog... Your head is simply precious, and I am loving that blackboard teacup. what a grand idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love big cups to! You've got quite a nice collection going on. :) I have one big cup that I have an african violet in. It sits on my desk and flowers nicely by the window.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!