Monday, July 13, 2015

Canada's Capital

After our stopover at the Crossroads Tea Room in Perth, we continued to Ottawa.

Peace Tower (left), Entrance Gates (top right), East Block (bottom right)


 Our first stop at our nation's capital was Parliament Hill.

Centre Block
If you're a Canadian resident, you can request the flag that has flown on the Peace Tower...but be prepared for a looooong waiting period: 54 years!

The World of Tea store is also located in downtown Ottawa, a few blocks away from Parliament Hill.

The Asian-style teapots and tea accessories.

I captured so many images on my camera that the store keeper, who granted me permission to take photographs, asked if I was planning to open up my own tea store. I wish!

The next day, we visited The Tea Store at ByWard Market.

I loved the idea of picking and mixing your own teabags (left image).
The Tea Store also had tables for patrons to sit and enjoy their cups of tea (not pictured).

I could have spent hours browsing through the different types and brands of teas!
I was good and limited my purchase to only three teas.

I brought the Sweet Watermelon Oolong home with me because of its heavenly scent.

The Sweet Watermelon Oolong tasted sweet and juicy--the perfect fruity tea to quench your thirst in the summertime!

LANG mug
Tea Time
Instant wisdom brewed here
Just add water


I'm joining the following parties this week:

18 comments:

  1. Oh, another fun trip, Margie!! I love the idea of picking out different teas to try. That's so much better than buying a while box to see if you like it. Your watermelon tea sounds perfect for summer and I love your tea mug, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, both stores have such a huge inventory of tea. Love the idea of picking and mixing your own teas. I could stay there for hours. The watermelon oolong is a great choice for the summer.
    Interesting fact about the flag.
    Have a great week, Nora

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip. Ottawa is still on the list of places to visit for me. It's a long ways from Vancouver Island. The fruity tea would be great cold during our hot summer, too. Looks like a fun trip and a great store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful tea outing, Margie! You do get around. My uncle used to mix his teas together. Whenever he visited I could always count on him choosing at least two to mix together.
    The buildings must be lovely to visit up close. I love old architecture! Thanks for joining me for tea and have a wonderful week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun place to visit. I could just browse there all day long....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh....sweet watermelon oolong...sounds heavenly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous trip and watermelon tea ...What fun !!!...I'd love to visit those teashops...They do look quite big and well stock... I'd be there for hours
    ( ha ha) Thanks for sharing ...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness would I love to visit that shop!!! How did you get out without a major trunk stuffed to bursting!!! Your tea choice sounds perfect for summer. Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. You find the neatest tea stores Margie, mix and match tea bags would be fun to try a variety of teas. I sure like the Tea Time mug.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Margie, I loved my visit to Ottawa. Great tea shops. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful to travel and visit tea shops in different areas. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoying seeing your trip. I lived in Ottawa for awhile when I was a teenager...graduated high school while living there. It's a beauitful city.

    I haven't been to Perth for awhile and didn't realize there was a tea room there. I'll have to keep that in mind and plan another trip to this pretty village. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Canada. What a lovely tearoom besides they are so much English and have much tradition for teas, I guess.
    Thanks for sharing this and the tea shop is great too.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dear Margaret, what a fun and delightful trip! And my, what a beautifu place to visit. Your posts are always so wonderful, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous! I wouldn't know where to begin in a store like that! How fun to include it in your travels. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhh, how wonderful there are so many tea stores in Canada! And what lovely architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Margie! I'm going backwards since I missed your post last week. Ottawa has such beautiful architecture! It sounds like you had a lovely day capped off with a stop for tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. How I would enjoy visiting this amazing tea store...I am in awe at all the wonderful teas for sale here...and blending your own tea sounds simply too delightful for words!
    Oh Margie...however did you resist buying all those wonderful teas...I am sure it must have been lovely browsing the store...:)
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures with! Always fun stopping by for some teatime inspiration...you always put a smile on my face with your sweet posts!
    Hugs and love!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!