Monday, August 10, 2015

Curiouser and Curiouser


During last month's Ottawa trip, I visited The Tea Party in ByWard Market.

The Tea Party had a hipster vibe with its retro furniture and cute Alice in Wonderland-themed chalk artwork. There wasn't enough time to try out its afternoon tea, but I did purchase one of their specialty blends.

The only ingredient that I could identify in the "Curious Concoction" was chamomile tea, but the fruity scent was so enticing that I couldn't resist bringing it home!

Within seconds of its infusion, the Curious Concoction took on a pinkish hue.

I steeped the herbal infusion in my Alice in Wonderland mug that was designed by Paul Cardew to commemorate the classic novel's 150th anniversary this year.

The Curious Concoction had a berry tart taste. It would make a great iced tea during the summer!

I don't have the matching Cardew teapot (yet!)...but last year, I found at a local thrift store this cute, decorative teapot featuring Alice, the White Rabbit and the Mad Hatter (loved how it formed the spout!). There is no manufacturer's mark.

"This is the most curious tea party I've ever been to," said Alice.


I'm joining the following parties this week:

13 comments:

  1. Very interesting, love your teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tea Party would definitely be a tea room/store I would be interested in visiting. I like their chalk art and it seems roomy. Glad you enjoyed the tea you purchased. You have a fun collection of Alice in Wonderland tea ware. I especially like the teapot. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sold that teapot in my shop in Texas back in the early 90's. It was made by Ganz but they no longer make teapots. In fact, I had that very teapot but was trying to eliminate some excess so I sold it at my store. Seeing yours makes me want mine back - ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are heading to Ottawa and staying right in the Byward Market so we will be checking out this tea shop for sure. Thanks for stopping by my site today. I'm off to look at more of your site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, what a cute tea shop! Your new tea sounds delicious. And I like the Alice in Wonderland tea mug and pot, so cute! Have a happy day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what darling mugs! I bet they make tea taste extra delightful :) Your new tea sounds quite tasty - enjoy a cup for me :)

    Have a wonderful day, Margaret! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun visit, Margie, and I love your tea mug and your teapot. They make for a darling teatime!!
    I can see my black and white checked tea kettle being a pretty addition to your tea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tea shop, Margie! The Curious Concoction blend sounds delicious and your Alice in Wonderland mug is lovely.
    Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun, love the whimsy of your teapot and mug Margie and it's always nice to have a new tea.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that would be a great tea place I bet. So many nice tea rooms around your area. It's inspiring :-) Around here are more of coffee houses and cafes rather than tea room. That's the legacy of the French I guess :-)
    I like your mug - and specially the tea pot white little saucer where you put your sample tea. It's really cute. Did you buy that at that tea house as well?

    Roses and Tea Cups

    ReplyDelete
  11. That tea room is adorable! The tea is definitely very curious ;). Love the Alice in wonderland collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!