Monday, May 7, 2018

Happy 25th Anniversary, Taylor's Tea Room!

On April 29th, Taylor's Tea Room celebrated its 25th anniversary.

Photo taken in 2015
Taylor's is the only tea room that I know that is open 7 days/week and offers breakfast and afternoon tea daily and dinner on Friday evenings.

Photos taken in 2015
The restaurant industry is a tough business and I've seen many tea rooms come and go. So it's amazing that Taylor's has been serving tea in pretty bone china teacups for a quarter of a century.

On the day of Taylor's 25th anniversary, a scone with Devonshire cream and (blueberry) jam was offered at the special 1993 price of $2.95. I enjoyed the scone with a pot of Royal Botanical tea, an herbal blend of of hibiscus, floral and lavender.

While I was waiting for my tea and scones to arrive, my friend came in the tea room with her 5-year-old daughter who was unfazed to see me: "I knew you'd be here because you love tea and come in here every day." HA!

Do you know other tea rooms who have reached the quarter century mark?


I'm joining the following parties this week:

12 comments:

  1. Our tea rooms always close once October arrives. My favourite, The Prince Edward Island Preserve Co., in New Glasgow opens in May and closes in October and they serve all three meals throughout the day and evening as well as a lovely tea time. Their teas are wonderful and they have quite a variety to choose from. They have been operating since 1987 so it's not quite twenty-five years but it is our favourite place to go in the summertime. Your scone and tea look wonderful, Margie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to visit Taylor's Tea Room, and receive such a wonderful price on your scone, and pot of tea, Margie! I sure wish I could join you. How cute of your friend's daughter to know already what a teaholic you are!! Did the 5-year-old have some tea and a treat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The know-it-all 5 yo knows auntie M well. She has mommy's herbal tea and her own white milk, and of course the scone, too!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a wonderful place. Yes, they must be doing something right! Offering tea and scones at 1993 prices is sure to please their loyal customers. Our local tea shop just closed. They didn't have a dining room, just lots and lots of tea and accoutrements for sale. I was so sad to see it go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great time!Here in Rio de Janeiro there is a famous and traditional Tea Room called "Confeitaria Colombo" since 1894.It is a good place to visit!There is also a branch room nearby sea at Copacabana's beach.Hugs,Margie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to say that prices are not good at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to see a tearoom reach such a special milestone! Wish there were more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely for ataylors to be celebrating 25 years. And what a great price fir the treat that day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your 5-year old friend knows you well! I think I need to make a habit of going to more tea shops. I always enjoy it when I do. It's great that Taylors is celebrating 25 years of tea and scones (and more).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love tearooms and shops ..How lucky to live so close to one... and enjoy the company of your sweet friend( ha Ha) Hopefully I may attend a few tearooms while I'm here with my son .... Take care, my friend and have a beautiful day ...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Margie, from what I've seen of Canada, you have a great many more tea rooms than we do here in the US. We have a small tea room about 15 miles from here that a friend and I make a point of visiting once a month. It's been there for about 9 years, I think, and that's quite a record. We hope it keeps going for 25!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like my kind of place!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!