Monday, October 29, 2018

October: This and That

How can it be the end of October already?!?

The quintessential autumn tea time: Enjoying T by Daniel's Jack-o-Lantern black tea (in my October teacup) with a Lindor pumpkin spice truffle.

Earl Grey is one of my favourite blends so I drink it year round. I was gifted this Twinings London Strand Earl Grey--the pretty box has major fall vibes.

I have a habit (that I'm trying to break) of saving things for "special occasions". I finally decided to use this cute tea towel. Life is short! Use your pretty linens!

If I were a baker, I would have bought these cookie cutters for cookies that hang on cups and mugs (spotted at Dollarama).

As part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Mississauga Fire's #PinkTruckTour travelled around the city all month. I was more than happy to purchase a T-shirt to support Trillium Health's cancer program.

Tea-themed Christmas ornament alert! This Hallmark limited edition,"Season's Treatings, 10th Anniversary", can be hard to find. So I'm glad that I brought this adorable ornament home with me instead of waiting for the post-Christmas sales (I'm still stalking the tiny teapot and the Nutcracker tea time ornaments).

Have you started thinking about Christmas decor?

12 comments:

  1. The earliest hints of Christmas are starting to sneak in, yes!

    I agree, let's not save our pretty things for 'special'. Every day is special so I'm glad you're using that seasonal tea towel.

    Wishing you a beautiful day, Margie!
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm the Lindoor truffle sounds like the perfect Fall flavor, Margie. I'm glad that you're using the cute tea towel, because yes, life is too short. Oh my, the Hallmark ornament is just darling, and so are the ornaments. The cookies would be perfect with a cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get through Halloween, then Thanksgiving decode before I can think about Christmas. I'm trying very hard to avoid buying anything new.
    I'm a pumpkin spice kind of gal, so I'm loving all the fall teas. I'm so glad I was gifted fallish teacups at past teacup exchanges to drink them from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel this years has seemed to just whizz on bye. Your fall tea cup is so pretty. I agree to use your pretty things I have to remind myself that it'so.k. to treat yourself special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. October has gone by quickly, and Christmas is seeping in to the stores. I’m looking forward to some decorating this year as we were away December and most of January last year,

    ReplyDelete
  6. The years do indeed fly by so yes, let's use our pretties now while we can! When I started collecting my Rose Chintz pattern, I only used it for special occasions but now I use it every day. My DIL {from BC} loves the pattern and she never really payed attention to it until I started setting the table with it. The chocolate truffle sounds yummy and oh those wee cookie cutters are so cute! I always start thinking about Christmas the end of August and I can't wait to decorate! Enjoy your week, Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty tea towel and cute cookies!I love Christmas too,and I remember your stunning decoration.Hugs,Margie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute tea towel Margie. Girl, I no longer SAVE my good stuff either. I quit doing that a long time ago. Life is short and I want to enjoy my things while I can. LOVE the pink truck! So cool. Girl, I have officially started my Christmas shopping. I cannot believe this year is coming to a close. The older I get the faster time flies. Have a good day dear Margie. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Margie, I love the cookie cutters. What a great idea. I will have look for them. Have a great day! Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's beautiful..

    Please visit: https://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy one of the most popular teas with a bergamot when you try best earl grey tea. Check out, the best online tea stores Teamatica.com!!! Now

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!