Monday, April 29, 2019

Garage Sale Mystery: Murderless Version

Church garage/rummage sales are the best places to hunt for teawares. Last Saturday, I went to a "mammoth garage sale" at a local church. I don't need another teacup...

...but this pastel beauty caught my eye and I couldn't leave it behind.
Yellow is one of my favourite colours and the teacup was only $5!

The swirly design has strong Aynsley vibes. If you know which English pottery made the teacup, please let me know.

I also scored this Emma Bridgewater piece for only $2!
The seller thought it might be a candle holder or cookie container. The inside had remnants of either spices of tea leaves. My internet searches failed to identify its purpose.

What do you think this is?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Margie... yes, you always need a new teacup! Lol! I don't recognize the maker, but there were a lot of small English potteries that didn't have long lives, so not surprising. So pretty! I do agree it reminds me of Aynsley. There always was a lot of copying of designs going on. Nice Emma B find! And it is a countertop salt "pig"... used a lot in England. I have had a few. So google that and see what you get! Glad there were no murders done in the production of your post!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Margie, I'm so glad that you didn't leave that pretty teacup behind, and brought it home with you to enjoy and love. I agree with Ruth, in that your EB piece is a salt container. Great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I love that TEACUP! Oh my! And it's not a matter of NEED but WANT! LOL! Hugs and blessings to you dear lady.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margie, that is a salt pig, a handy way to keep your salt on the countertop for cooking and baking. No idea about the pottery that made your teacup, but I'm glad you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great findings!Wonderful teacup,just LOOOVE it too!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No way would I have passed that one up either!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!