Monday, December 23, 2019

RA Poinsettia Teacup, Candy Cane Green Tea Taste Challenge, and More!

Vintage bone china teacups with Christmas designs are hard to find in my neck of the woods.

So I was beyond thrilled when I found Royal Albert's poinsettia teacup at my local thrift store for only $5!!!

Last week, I organized a "Candy Cane Green Tea Taste Challenge" at the office. We sampled three green tea blends (left to right): 
1) Tease Candy Cane Crush (loose leaf); 
2) Trader Joe's Candy Cane (teabag); 
3) Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane (teabag).

Teas #2 and #3 had the same ingredients, but we noticed a slight difference in taste (note: those photos were shot at home because I forgot to take pics during the actual tasting).

The winner was: Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Green Tea--one of my all-time favourite holiday teas!

I've also been enjoying candy cane black teas:
Top (left to right) Dessert by Deb's Peppermint Mocha Fudge  and Davids Tea's Candy Cane Crush Tea Latte.
Bottom: The Polar Tea Co.'s Candy Cane Crunch was my favourite. It's too bad that the vendor is no longer in business.

I've also been sipping other (non-candy cane) seasonal teas.

Creemore Christmas Herbal Tea by Clearview Tea.

Christmas in July, an orange spice black tea by Coco Tea Co.
(I forgot to photograph Coco Tea Co's other delicious holiday blend: Christmas Cookie Rooibos)

(Orange) Holiday spice black teas by Geek+Tea (top) and Monarch Tea Co (bottom).

Dessert by Deb's holiday teas: Santa's Snickerdoodle black tea (left) and Holiday Cranberry Crumble Rooibos (right).

At a friend's house, I enjoyed these sweet treats with a cup of Chocolate Cauldron, a chocolate orange herbal tea by Geek+Tea.

Days 13-24 of my "drink what you own" tea Advent calendar.
(Yes, I cheated and took out the last 2 days so they can be included in the collage).

Wishing you a joyful and blessed Christmas!

8 comments:

  1. What a scrumptious post! All those yummy teas and treats makes for a wonderful holiday of tea tasting! I don't have the poinsettia teacup because I never see it around here but then I hardly ever get out to shop any more. I love your Spode Christmas Tree mug; such a festive pattern and fun with the striped handle. I have four small mugs which I use mostly for apple cider. Love the Nativity too. Merry Christmas, Margie! Thank you for all your visits the past year and wishing you blessings overflowing in 2020. Christmas Hugs...Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, good to know that Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane tea won the taste challenge. I’m sipping on that at home, too. You won the jackpot with that RA poinsettia teacup, Margie! You’ve had a yummy advent sampling all those teas! Merry Christmas, Margie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a neat thing to do, Margie!!!

    My all-time favorite holiday teas:

    Twining's Christmas and Harney and Son's White Christmas.

    Love you found that gorgeous poinsettia teacup at a steal price - whoo hoo! I love those happy finds!!!!

    Merry Christmas, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an enjoyable experience, I have never heard of these teas but am now curious about them. Have a wonderful Christmas. P.S. Thank you for the Christmas card and the tea, it was a wonderful surprise. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get cards out this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many holiday teas, and all very tasty.
    Merry Christmas to you Margie, hope you have a "tea"riffic time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once had a complete tea set in that Royal Albert pattern. Wish I know where it all went.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a festive post, Margie, I loved it and the poinsettia teacup is an amazing find. My mother has a few Royal Albert pieces and really treasures them, they make beautiful china. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and wish you the very best for the coming year.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!