Monday, November 20, 2023

A vintage "Merry Christmas" teacup

I keep an eye out for Christmas teapots and teacups all year.

I bought this vintage teacup for only $2 at a garage sale last August.

 

 
 I think it was a mismatched set because the teacup had bells...

 

...while the saucer said "Merry Christmas".


 
Interestingly, the teacup had 2 markings: the manufacturer's gold backstamp (Regency, circa 1953+) and the decorator's black backstamp. 
 
So this bone china teacup was made in England, but decorated in Canada!

5 comments:

  1. What a darling Christmas teacup at a bargain price! I’d never know that it was mismatched, but that makes it more charming. I’m excited to bring out my Christmas teacups soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet teacup and saucer! Mismatched china can be so charming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable Christmas teacup at such a great price! I wouldn't have guessed it was mismatched, but that adds to its charm.

    Hugs and blessings, Margie ☕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanksgiving blessings to you, Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uma chávena de chá linda! Foi uma belíssima aquisição!
    Beijinhos
    Ana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!