Monday, November 12, 2018

3rd Annual RBG Tea Festival

At the beginning of November, I went to the 3rd Annual Tea Festival at the Royal Botanical Gardens. 

Some of the teapot trivia
These teapot trivias led us to the 29 vendors, 10 presentations, 5 tea tasting competitions and 4 tea ceremonies! Once again, I spent my time visiting and sampling teas from the local vendors.

 An exhibit of the classic versus contemporary tea vessels.

Pretty tea china were also presented by Tea and Toasts (top) and Lifestyles for Life (bottom).

The Travelling Tea Room always has such an elegant display.

Samples from beTeas: Choco Spice Rooibos, Milky Oolong, Purple Rain Green Tea, Wuyi Oolong. 

The Tea Stylist (not pictured: my white tea sample)

Sample from one of my favourite tea companies, Monarch Tea Co.: Biscotti Spice Rooibos. 

Samples from Tumeric Teas: Tumeric Latte (my favourite), Warming Ginger, Calming Lemongrass, Cooling Peppermint, Energizing Chai.

Left: Sample of Quince Herbal Tea from Tea-ara
Right: Sample of Lemon Sencha from My Tea Brew.

 Samples from Blue Mountain Tea Company: Coconut Milk Oolong (voted as the favourite oolong at the festival; left) and Nepali Breakfast Organic (right).

Left: Organic Black, Chai and Organic Green Tea Samples from Relaxing Rocco, a new tea company named after the proprietor's cat!
Right: Infusion Organic Tea (I can't recall what I sampled).

I had a nice chat with the delightful Deb from The Sugared Teacup. Her charming tea sampler boxes are being phased out at the end of the year so that Deb can focus on her new business venture--tea postcards and art prints.

An interesting display of teacups by The Art of Tea and Tasseomancy.

Samples from the Sri Lankan Consulate: Ceylon tea brewed at different elevations (high to low).

The set-up for the Chinese tea ceremony demonstration.

Next week, I'll share what I brought home with me!

11 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, Margie, thank you for sharing another fun outing. It just makes me wish that I could've joined you if I didn't live so far away. For a teaholic like you, this must've been tea heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great time!As you say,"tea-rrific"!I love that yellow teacup!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful displays, Margie! You must have been thrilled to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great variety of tea! You must have had a fabulous time. The Travelling Tea Room has some beautiful pieces. I'll have to get you to email me about what you saw on my blog. Have a nice week, Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh la la, what a fun adventure! I wish I could have joined you, my friend! Thanks for the feast for my eyes :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must have been in your tea element in that place! I can only imagine the fragrance in the air with all those tea leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to sample lots of teas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all the displays! Girl, you do the most fun things! Wish I could have tagged along! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is definitely my type of tea festival! I really like all of the teacup displays. Wish the San Francisco one had those types of displays. I was intrigued by the Sugared Teacup and visited her website-so creative. Looking forward to seeing which goodies you brought home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very fantastic! I've never been to one of these before, but I'm sure it smelled and tasted wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Margie, I don't know how I missed this post! I'm so glad I backtracked today and spotted it--what a grand time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!