Monday, February 25, 2019

Five on February

You know you have too many teawares when you almost forget about the seasonal tea sets lurking in the cupboard.

1. Hearts Tea Set
Fortunately, I remembered to bring out this retro Bavarian tea set just before Valentine week!

2. "Barrista" socks
I have a soft spot for funky socks and wear knee-highs (under pants) during these cold winter days. I think the saucers on these super cute socks are supposed to contain coffee, but I'm going to pretend it's tea!

3. Savoury scones
My favourite savoury scone is the bacon, cheddar and chives scones from Jax Sweet Shoppe.
 
4. Easter ornament
I haven't switched over to the spring/Easter decor yet, but I just couldn't resist this adorable Easter ornament.

5. Starbucks' Honey Citrus Mint Tea
Last week, I tried Starbucks' Honey Citrus Mint Tea which consisted of 2 teas (Jade Citrus Mint™ Green Tea and Peach Tranquility® Herbal Tea), a touch of honey and steamed...lemonade?!?

I guess the steamed lemonade is no different than lemon with hot water--I drink this concoction when I'm feeling under the weather. I found that the lemonade dominated the flavour of this tea which might be better as an iced tea.

Have you ever tried blending 2 different teas or teabags?

11 comments:

  1. Margie, your tea set is wonderful for Valentine's Day. I also wear knee-hi socks under my pants but they're plain. The savoury scone sounds good and I know my hubby would sure like it. I used to mix the odd teabags together before I had to drink decaf only. It's a good thing I also drink coffee because I think I would tire of the same teas all the time. It's the last week of February, yay! and I wish you a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that ❤️ Tea set, Margie, and I'm glad that you remembered it. The socks are so cute and fun. I love warm socks, too. I don't really blend teas, but the one that you drink does sound good. I drink warm water with lemon every morning, before breakfast, with a dash of hot sauce. I hope you're planning your next tea social at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tea set is super cute!Perfect for Valentine's week!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course your would have a sweet set to celebrate Valentine's Day. I knew I could count on you, Margie.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute teaset and fun socks too! I love cute socks and just ordered a pair of Pride & Prejudice ones. I love the little Easter ornament. Could you please tell me where you found it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tea set is quite adorable! I love having seasonal tea ware. Storage becomes an issue though (and remembering you have the items.)
    Cute socks...I would love to learn how baristas make those designs.
    I do want to start blending two varieties of loose teas, not sure about two bags though. Sorry you weren't happy with your results. Lemon can be a dominating flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you remembered your teaset for VAlentine's Day. The little ornament is lovely. Where are you displaying it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL glad you remembered you had that set in time to display it! That little ornament is so pretty - I too am anxious to get out the spring decor although it appears spring is going to be very elusive here in the midwest as usual. I mixed some of my dried lavender and chamomile from my garden and that makes a lovely tea. Especially in the winter . . . reminds me of summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute coffee/tea set.I also enjoy picking odd sets up just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seasonal tea ware is lots of fun, although I don't have much of it. I enjoy seeing yours! I'm starting to get into fun socks, and at Christmas I still wear the ones you sent via the tea exchange a couple of years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your socks, Margie--I wear socks under pants (and long skirts) to keep warm, too. My husband has been drinking his own mix of organic green and a lemon herbal blend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!