Monday, July 20, 2020

Matcha and Earl Grey Ice Cream

Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month?

What's inside my freezer: Earl Grey and matcha ice cream by artisanal and supermarket brands.

Last Sunday was National Ice Cream Day (third Sunday of July) and I had the KitKat Matcha Green Tea ice cream. I liked the matcha green tea ice cream, but the chocolate pieces didn't taste like Kit Kat to me.

Matcha Green Tea by Haagen-Dasz

Meiji's tasty Matcha Latte Ice Bar (all the way from Taiwan!) contains with tiny mochi (rice cake) cubes.

Taken in 2018
My all-time favourite Matcha ice cream is by Foundry Ice Cream, a local small business that produces ice cream is small batches. I've been rationing my last pint because I don't know when the Matcha ice cream will be available again!

I was sad when I finished my last pint of Foundry Ice Cream's London Fog ice cream.

Fortunately, I can still satisfy my craving for Earl Grey ice cream with Righteous Gelato's Earl Grey Lavender London Fog. This yummy gelato is soooo creamy and tastes like a frozen London Fog!

What's your favourite ice cream flavour?

10 comments:

  1. Margie, I love serving ice cream in a pretty teacup. It just looks like a fancy dessert. You had some nice flavours of ice cream. My favourite flavour of ice cream is Cow's Mooey Gooey, or is it Gooey Mooey? I can never remember. I had some last night; so good! Have a splendid week, dear Margie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much of a fan of ice cream, but the London Fog flavour appeals to me. I'll bet it's creamy and rich. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margie!

    Oh yum - ice cream is so awesome! I have never had Macha tea ice cream before, may have to try and find some one day when it's safe to venture out. I love you put it in a pretty tea cup - what a lovely way to doubly enjoy your ice creams!!

    My all-time favorite is Graeter's Toffee Chip. It's a very old family owned local small batch ice cream makers too - and it is so amazing. I try not to ever think about it.

    My husband surprised me with a box of Klondike bars yesterday - and when I was putting away the frozen groceries I didn't quite close the freezer drawer all the way. Yes. I melted them. None of the deep freeze stuff melted but my Klondike bars and my popsicles refroze kinda weird. I am so mad at myself - it was a bit "ajar" for HOURS. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure know how to cool off, Margie!! I’d love to try the London Fog ice cream. My all time favorite ice cream was black raspberry that I used to get in Ohio, but I haven’t had it in years. I do love a yogurt swirl that’s so creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn’t realize there were so many tea flavours of ice cream. I did know it was national ice cream day on Sunday, nice the had it on our anniversary - 51 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!Although it is Winter here,every day is time for ice cream in our hot weather!I love coconut with pineapple ice cream,it is delicious!Best wishes for you,Margie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving that ice cream in that beautiful tea cup! We had ice cream one night at the beach. But I sure didn't have a pretty tea cup to put it in! We had waffle cones and sugar cones so guess that made it better. LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. A whole month dedicated to ice cream? It seems only fair. I only have one flavor at the moment, a banana-mango that I made myself.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. ONE of several of my favourite ice cream flavors is Earl Grey. Here is my recipe from 4 years ago. https://www.delightfulrepast.com/2016/07/earl-grey-ice-cream.html Served in a china teacup, of course!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!