Monday, March 15, 2021

Green teawares for St. Patrick's Day

I was one of the lucky customers who got a free bag of tea for Tea with Tracie's birthday promo last month.

I selected the Irish Cream black tea because I'm a fan of creamy teas and this blend is perfect for St. Patrick's Day. I enjoyed it in a Jadeite mug that used to belong to my maternal grandmother. Next time I'll try it with milk for an extra creamy treat!

 

I stalked this beautiful mint green teapot (2 cups) on Chapters Indigo's web store for months. When it finally went on sale last fall, it became mine with a few mouse clicks! 

The teapot's shape and vintage look reminded me of the Sadler cube teapots.

 

The teapot matches the teacup and teabag holder that I bought from Dessert by Deb.

 

 

My tea cart all decked out in Irish green.

 What are you doing for St. Patrick's Day?

7 comments:

  1. Lucky πŸ€ you in winning a free bag of tea, Margie! Your new teapot does look like a Sadler, and is oh so darling and perfect with your other pieces. The color is just dreamy!! Your St. Patrick’s Day tea cart looks so festive! πŸ’š☘️πŸ’š

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that Jadeite mug! And that it was your grandmother's!

    LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Margie, your green teapot is so sweet, and yes, it does remind one of the Sadler teapots. I'm glad you got it! Your tea cart {wish I had one} looks spectacular in your Irish theme! I am making a dessert and I'm still not sure what dinner will be yet. I have brought out my green transferware for the month, as I'm celebrating Spring as well. It doesn't feel like spring today but I know it's coming. Yay springtime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very pretty teapot! What a great find. I bought a teapot from Indigo and I'm going to get another one - it has a flat lid that keeps falling off. So I get the fun of shopping for another every day teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green is my favourite colour. Your tea cart looks wonderful all decked out in green, I’ll be a honourary Irish person tomorrow and wear my green πŸ€πŸ’š

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I adore your new treasures in green, Margie!!! That teapot sure does look like a classic Sadler. Let's hope it doesn't craze like an old Sadler is known for, right!

    Green is my very fav color too - our STD was mellow due to Covid - we made corned beef and cabbage and stayed home safe and sound. I am Irish on both sides, and both my parents are long gone - and I miss them so much this time of year. ♥♥

    After we lost mom my father took his 5 children to Ireland for a very long tour - trip of a lifetime. Talk about fun!

    Hope yours was a good one, too. Slainte! ♣

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wondered if that was a Sadler teapot. Great find—and I commend you for waiting months for it to go on sale!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!