Monday, November 7, 2022

Scoring more teacups from a Buy Nothing group

When a member of my local Buy Nothing group posted a photo of free curbside items, I couldn't drive to their place fast enough to scoop up 3 vintage bone china teacups.

 

This Colclough teacup has a pretty teal and magenta floral design.

 

This Royal Seagrave teacup featured gorgeous gold ferns.

 

Oops! I did it again: I accidentally snapped the handle off this Clare teacup when I was washing it. I was able to reattach the handle. 

How I repurposed the teacup will be revealed in a future post!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely china cups and saucers you scooped up for your collection. If you were offering me a cup of tea, I'd choose the third one - I do love it especially. Love the freshness of the greens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh they’re all so pretty, Margie! You get the best deals. I love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, Margie! I can't believe that anyone would let these pretties go.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. margie, i love that idea of repurposing, reimagining, restoring. can't wait to see what you come up with.

    meanwhile, enjoy your weekend, friend ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always get the best deals, Margie.
    They are all so lovely!

    Hugs and blessings ☕

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stopped here on your blog and found it very curious because I found two things that I really like: tea and porcelain cups.
    My favorite tea is Lord Nelson's Rooibos
    In addition to drinking a lot of tea, I collect boxes (I have about 500 boxes: paper, cardboard, tin, sisal, porcelain...)
    And to top it off, as I've been painting porcelain for many years, many of my favorite pieces are porcelain cups.
    I will continue to follow your blog and if you are interested you can see mine
    https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/6252735941754316340/8668319591094388494

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!