Monday, March 23, 2020

Adjusting to the new normal

Tea has always been one of my stress relievers and it's helping me get through these scary and uncertain times of the coronavirus pandemic.

My colleagues and I all started working from home last week. As an introvert, I'm always happy to stay at home, but I miss the social interactions with my officemates. So I'm grateful for technology that allows us to hold virtual tea socials: we can connect and share the teas we're sipping at home!

Of course, I'm washing my hands frequently with white tea hand soap (I found this at Dollarama a few years ago)!

I've been minimizing my social media usage because the constant barrage of coronavirus information is overwhelming. But this tweet from one of my favourite Canadian singers, Jann Arden, made me laugh. My own tea stash will definitely last me for MONTHS!

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are doing well and that you have plenty of tea to see you through this crazy time in our world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay positive Margie, hopefully this will all pass eventually and the sun will shine on everything once again. Carry on, and drink tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you guys have your 'virtual' tea party? Our church is using Zoom for a lot of things and it works quite well and it's free! I'm planning a virtual tea party with my girls who are in CO riding this out. Love that comment about the stockpile of tea haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Violets tea set is just adorable! Made me smile in these difficult times...Stay well,hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the violets, Margie! So pretty and so perfect for a spring tea! I'm glad you can work from home. Most of my family is working from home except for my oldest son and my hubby. But both are pretty safe because there is not much interaction with people at all. It is a scary time for sure but a bracing cup of hot tea really helps soothe the nerves. Do take care and stay safe! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I adore your tea set! So very pretty. Girl...I will be so glad when all this mess is over with and praying for it to happen quickly! I may be dragging out more than tea...coffee....?????? LOL! Stay safe lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tweet could’ve been made by you, Margie! I’m the same way, as my tea could last me for quite awhile. Your pretty tea service made me smile, and so did your hand soap. I don’t think I’ve ever washed my hands so much in my life! Take care, Margie, and enjoy your virtual tea socials. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Margie! So happy you can have virtual tea parties. I have plenty of tea too. Very comforting in a world turned upside down! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another oh, so pretty tea set. How fun to know that Jann Arden likes tea so much, too. Tea is most comforting during these strange times.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!