Monday, February 7, 2022

A Platinum Jubilee Tea Time

Yesterday, I honoured Queen Elizabeth's 70th anniversary with a special tea time.


I enjoyed a cup of Earl Grey black tea in my Buckingham Platinum teacup by Noritake.

The British classic Earl Grey is reportedly one of the Queen's favourite teas. Taylors of Harrogate has earned a Royal Warrant "as an official supplier to the Prince of Wales."


Last year, my aunt gave me this Diamond Jubilee demitasse that commemorated the Queen's 60th anniversary.


Queen Elizabeth II is the longest reigning British monarch.

9 comments:

  1. Girl, I would have put on a crown and sipped my tea in the queen's honor! Love it!!! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post celebrating the Queen's 70th Anniversary on the throne! Both cups are just wonderful! Yesterday my aunt called me from NB and we talked about the Queen and how my aunt's birthday is the same day as the Queen's, and my mother was told her whole life that she resembled the Queen. It was a very fun conversation. My aunt will be 91 on April 21. {I have two aunts in NB. The only aunts I have left.} Your Noritake teacup and saucer is very elegant! Enjoy your week, Margie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! God bless. Love the pretty mug and the elegant teacup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have lovely pieces for celebrating the Queen's 70 years! Last night our neighbours invited us for tea and dessert, and she had some beautiful commemorative teacups, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new teacup is the perfect way to toast the Queen on her 70th anniversary to the throne! Your demitasse is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the Queen on 70 years of elegant reigning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Queen Elizabeth has always been such a remarkable lady. I admire her poise and style. You celebrated her anniversary beautifully! The demitasse cup is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely pieces for celebrating the Queen's 70th anniversary, Margie!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How festive! What a nice way to celebrate, British queens are made to last, 70 years on the throne!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!