Monday, April 25, 2022

Smart Boil Initiative

 How much water do you boil to make your cup of tea?



Did you know that boiling more water than we need leads to wasted energy and contributes to greenhouse gas emissions?

The Tea and Herbal Association of Canada recently launched the Smart Boil Initiative "to show Canadians that boiling just enough water for their favourite cup of tea, can have a real impact on the environment."







Learning about the impact of boiling water on the environment was eye-opening for me. 

I typically drink 2-3 cups of tea each day, so I'm boiling water multiple times. Going forward, I'll strive to boil just what I need!

5 comments:

  1. Well girl, you have enlightened me. But you know truthfully Margie that I think we all would be SHOCKED if we truly realized what we waste in a month! I am speaking about lots of things too and not just water. Thanks for the information. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try my best to boil what I need, Margie as I don’t like to waste water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. Greetings from far far away...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try as well! Thank you for this, Margie, every little thing counts.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do boil what I need.

    Great info, Margie.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment!